Whilst on retreat, last week, I received a message from my perfect sister. She sends me little pictures and jokes, and I must be honest, I don’t always look at them.
Now, I would much rather get a personal message from her; telling me how she is doing, or that she is praying for me, or that she loves and misses me. But every now and then I get something so profound from her that I feel humbled by the words. Here is the message that I received last week;
- We live in times where we see many humans, but not humanity.
- We live in times where the rich have more rooms than children and the poor have more children than rooms.
- We live in times where smart phones bring you closer to those who are far, but distance you from those who are closer.
- We live in times where we open Facebook, more than The Holy Book;
- We live in times where a single mother or father can look after 10 children, but 10 children can’t look after a single parent;
- We live in times where the rich walk miles to digest food, while the poor walk miles to search for food;
- We live in times where women are paid to be naked, while others have no clothes to cover their nakedness.
- We live in times where our contact lists are huge, but our relationships are poor
- We live in times where our possessions are more, but our appreciation is less;
- We live in times where we know how to earn a good living, but somehow forget how to live a good life;
- We live in times where many know the price of everything, but not the value of anything.
- Indeed, we live in a strange world. May God help and Guide Us
I will add one, “We live in times where God is our Father, but we do not recognise that every man, woman and child is our brother and sister.”
Love in my Master’s Name;
Fr Des Smit